We all know that the summer holidays can get boring really quickly, especially if you have more than one child who constantly needs attention. You’ll soon be running out of ideas on what to do, going out these days cost a fortune and let’s face it, nobody wants to pay hundreds to look at penguins down Sea World with children asking for snacks all the time.
Instead, parents need to find low-cost activities to keep their children entertained and at home so they don’t have to spend money going out. That’s why here at Reviewers United we’ve found some amazing toys and games to keep children busy in the summer holidays and maybe you’ll be able to read that book or even have a wash, but we can’t guarantee that sorry.
How To Keep Your Child Entertained This Summer
Take a look at some of the amazing ideas below, hopefully you’ll find something amazing that will keep your children entertained for more than 5 minutes!
Want to get something that the whole family can enjoy? This game is super fun to play as a group and you can also play it individually which means children can even keep themselves entertained and you won’t have to watch their every move or get involved at the same time. There are multiple games you can enjoy with this game and all you have to do is keep up, think you can?
Skates.co.uk are an amazing online retailer that sell scooters, skateboards, inline skates, roller skates, BMX bikes and so much more. There’s something for every child and you’re bound to find something amazing. Getting a bike, skateboard or roller skates from Skates.co.uk can be a fantastic way to spend time with your child and at a low cost as well.
If you’re looking to do something this summer that doesn’t cost the earth, getting this Yonex GR 303 badminton set is just the thing you need. It comes with 4 rackets, two shuttle cocks and a net with posts so that you can play as a family wherever you want. Just make sure you follow the rules or someone might throw their racket out the court.
If you’re looking for something fun to do for the whole family, this trampoline tennis is the thing for you. It’s easy to use for everyone, comes in different sizes and there are no small parts or anything that needs to be constructed. The set is affordable and 100% fun for all.
At Home Crazy Golf
Who doesn’t love crazy golf? This set is the perfect activity to keep children busy this summer! You can always easily store it away and use it for the summer holidays again or take it on holiday to keep the children busy and happy. It’s affordable, the set is designed for two people and it’s an amazing set for a little golf tournament if you have more than two players!
If you’re looking for something to keep younger children entertained, this is the perfect solution. It’s fun to use, can be used in various ways and it’s an affordable price. It comes in three colours and can be used by children ages 3+, take a look and maybe get one for your child to keep them entertained for hours!
PLAYin CHOC are the perfect solution to giving your child a snack and something to do at the same time! Let’s face it, children always want food and I’m sure your children are no different. However, if your child cannot have foods containing nuts, gluten, soy or dairy, these chocolates are the perfect thing. They’re free from allergens, taste amazing and your children are going to love them!
They also do adult bars as well so buy yourself something yummy while you’re there, just don’t get jealous of your children for getting the amazing plastic-free toys with theirs!
General Childrens Activities List
If you’re looking for general activities to do with your children in the summer holidays, take a look at the list below and maybe think of something amazing from these starting points.
- Outdoor Games: Encourage kids to play outdoor games like tag, hide-and-seek, soccer, frisbee, or hopscotch. These games promote physical activity and social interaction.
- Nature Walks and Hikes: Take children on nature walks or easy hikes in nearby parks or nature reserves. It’s a great way to connect with nature and learn about plants and wildlife.
- Beach Days: If you live near a beach, plan a day of building sandcastles, swimming, and playing beach games. Don’t forget sunscreen and beach toys!
- Picnics: Organise a family picnic in a nearby park or garden. Let the kids help pack the picnic basket and choose the menu.
- Arts and Crafts: Set up a creative space at home for drawing, painting, making crafts, or DIY projects. Children can unleash their artistic skills and create masterpieces.
- Cooking and Baking: Involve children in simple cooking or baking activities. Let them help make cookies, cupcakes, or their favourite snacks.
- Reading Challenges: Encourage kids to participate in a summer reading challenge. Set reading goals and reward them with small treats or outings when they achieve milestones.
- Science Experiments: Conduct fun and safe science experiments at home. There are many easy and exciting experiments that kids can enjoy.
- Visit Museums and Zoos: Take children to local museums, zoos, or aquariums for an educational and entertaining experience.
- Camping in the Backyard: If possible, set up a mini-camp in the backyard. Kids will love sleeping in a tent, telling stories, and stargazing.
- Water Fun: Have water play days with sprinklers, water balloons, or water guns to beat the summer heat.
- Gardening: Involve kids in gardening activities, like planting flowers or vegetables. It teaches them responsibility and connects them with nature.
- Sports and Swimming Lessons: Enrol kids in sports classes or swimming lessons to develop new skills and stay active.
- Movie or Game Nights: Organise movie nights with family-friendly films or have board game sessions as a fun way to bond.
- Community Events: Check out local community events, fairs, or festivals that offer family-friendly activities during the summer.